Hello everyone, I would like to change the seperator in the CSV export from a comma to a semicolon. Does anyone of you know if this is possible?
Kind regards, Ralf
Good Grief! My bad!
No, I don't see any way to do that. Even after saving the export action, there's no way to edit/change the delimiter.
If you wanted to get fancy, you could create a module that concatenates the columns in the export into a single line item (string) that includes the correct delimiter, and export that for downstream consumption.
The above aside, if the integration is going to be automated/scheduled, then part of the process could be to change the delimiter. This could be as simple as a batch script, or something a developer/IT resource would handle in a more formal manner.
Paul
Hello,
I ran a test where I created a CSV file (with comma separators), then changed the commas to semicolons (using notepad), and saved the CSV. When I imported the file, Anaplan identified the separator as a semicolon and correctly loaded the file.
Therefore, the answer is 'yes'
Cheers!
Dear Paul,Thank you for your reply.
I think i didn't state my question correctly.I'm looking for a way to export from Anaplan with semicolons as seperators ,not comma's. This is because other ERP systems use Semicolons instead of comma's as seperators. therefore we need to change the comma's to semicolons by hand before we can import our Anaplan export's into other systems.Kind regards,Ralf
Hi Paul,I think it's time to get fancy then and make a long text string then for a short time solution. Creating an interface between two systems will be the long term solution.Kind regards,Ralf
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…