Group by Property
I wonder how you can group-by list properties.
Specifically, as in the attached file, I would like to have figures by properties (category: Fruit/Vegetable) as shown as "Desired Result" Thankyou in advance..
Basically, you are looking to group/aggregate by an attribute.
There are two basic ways to aggregate by an attribute:
- The attribute is the parent in the hierarchy. For example, Tomatos roll up to Vegetable.
- The attribute is really just an attribute. For example, Products (e.g. tomatos, grapes, etc) are each mapped to a Category (e.g. Vegetable, Fruit). In this case, the only way in Anaplan to aggregate to the group is to create a module (or subsidiary view) that contains Category as a dimension. Then, add a formula in the Sales Line Item of this new module that says something like: ProductSource.Sales[Sum: Products.ProdCategory]
Now, Product Category may be referenced from the Products list itself (i.e. a property in the products list), or sometimes its a (hidden) line item in the Product Sales module. The result is the same either way.
- We have a module with product sales that contains a line item named "sales", and includes a list named "Product"
- We want to summarize sales by Product Category, which is an attribute property maintained in either the Product List or a module that is based on the product list.
- We create a module named Category Sales that contains a line item named sales
- in 'Category Sales.Sales', we enter a formula that says "product sales.sales[sum: Product.Category]
- Note that Product Category must be a list also.
Thank you, Paul.
I"ll definitely go for option 2 which is exactly what I was looking to.0
Great fix, such a simple application yet very powerful0