Best Practices: Designing Dashboards
Here are some great tips from Anaplan Solution Consultants on designing dashboards. What have you learned? Share below! - Questions to ask the customer and yourself:
- How does their use case determine the dashboards needed?
- How does the model flow?
- How will the content/data be consumed?
- How does it need to be presented?
- Who will be using the content/data?
- Does the dashboard experience (by user) need to follow a logical work/process flow?
- Does the customer have examples of their current work/process flow?
- Consider building a dashboard(s) for Administration
- The IT guys who load the data, and only see what they need to
- Request a design session with the customer.
- Ask that a representative from each role to be present and address their needs
- Tools that can be used to assist in the design of dashboards include: Visio, OmniGraffle, Lucidchart