Best Practices: Building Dashboards
Here are some great tips from Anaplan Solution Consultants on building dashboards. What have you learned? Share below!
- After meeting with the customer to understand their dashboard needs, consider building the dashboard(s) and then meeting with the customer to iterate on what has been built
- To make it easier on yourself, split the model into inputs, calculations, and outputs
- Inputs and outputs get dashboards - don't just use dashboards for reporting
- Consider that a summary of the details should reside at the top of the dashboards and if more detail is needed, scroll to the bottom of the dashboard or navigate to another dashboard for more information.
- Synchronizing page selections to enable end users to see immediate results
- Language on the dashboards should match the customer's language/style/brand
- Connect/link dashboards through buttons
- Review the Anaplan Dashboard Usability document
- Consider building a landing dashboard into four quadrants
- List of what items can be published to be a dashboard
- Consider the devices the dashboards will be consumed through, adjust sizing accordingly
- Utilize a screen resolution tester to determine what works/looks best depending on what device the dashboard will be consumed on. Example: (both Chrome add-ins) Screen Resolution Tester, Page Ruler
- Published line items
- Special characters
- Conditional formatting needs to be added before the item is added to the dashboard
- Are there concerns about color blind end user?