how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard

Hi Experts,

I have to create a dashboard and use it to update an list. New members will be added in the dasboard which will add member in the list. This list is not a numbered so i cannot use create button. I have manage to udpdate the list properties via import but cant figure out how a new member would get created or added into the list.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Answers

• HI,

If it is not a numbered list then either you have to publish that list in the dashbaord to add new item (By clicking on + icon) or you have to add the members through import actions. The former is not a good practise so you can go with the second option.

Please follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Create a flat list with 10 list items(based on your requirement) and use that in module. Then create required attributes of the list (That you have to add members in) as a line item like Name,code,parent etc..

Step 2: Then do the import from this module (may be from saved view based on some filter) into the list by doing desired mappings. 

Step 3: So finally publish this module view and the import action as a process to the dasbhoard.how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard.PNG

Hope you can add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard!!

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Kaivn.

• Hi Kaivn,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am looking to add one member at a time like updating a transaction. Being said that, so i have only 1 member in the module but when i run import into the list, the module attributes gets mapped to the list but how would adding new member being mapped as the target is non existant.

If i follow ur steps, it would be when i already have 10 members in list but here i want to add 11th member and that does not have any mapping.

I am not sure if i am thinking it correct or if i am missing any important point which will helpl me achive it.

Thanks in advance.

• HI,

Let's consider that you are creating items in that list by having "Code" as a unique. So in this case during the import that we are discussing, will try to match the code and if it already exists then it will update the attributes of that list item, else if it doesn't exists then that item will be created as new list item. I am hoping this is what your requirement is!! Correct me if I am wrong. Screen shot for your refernce.

Before Import. The list called Emp.how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard 1.PNG

Flat list module entries 

how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard 2.PNG

After import, Emp 5 and Emp 6 would have been created because those are non-existant. Emp 4 should have been updated with all the input like I have changed the parent and some attributes as well.

how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard 4.PNG

See the mappings for the import

how to add new member in a list (not numbered) from a dashboard 3.PNG

Thanks,

Kavin.

• @imerchant ,

I know I am arriving late to the party, but why is the list not a numbered list?  It seems to me this issue would be resolved much easier if the list was a numbered list.