2019 CPX Hackathon: What You Need to Know

Splash_business-people-working-while-discussing-strategy-of-work-picture-id942201266.jpg

Welcome to the Hackathon!

This one-day, pre-Connected Planning Xperience (CPX) hackathon provides participants with the opportunity to explore the platform, learn something new, receive guidance from Anaplan product experts, and network with like-minded colleagues—all while competing for prizes and bragging rights. Spend the day working in teams to develop your model and pitch your solution to a panel of judges before heading over to the CPX welcome reception. Then, take your learnings home to incorporate into your own company models.

More About the Challenge

The official challenge will be announced at the start of the hackathon. Similar to previous events, teams will be given three Anaplan features to incorporate into the model of their choosing. A guideline/best practice may be showcased for bonus points if addressed in the model. Beyond this, the sky is the limit! Be innovative. Be creative.  Have fun with it!

What’s New This Year?

For the first time, Anaplan has invited its University Connect partners to join the hackathon. A small group of students (and maybe a handful of professors) will be joining the event. Students and professors have an amazing opportunity to learn more about Anaplan, further develop their modeling skills, and connect with the Anaplan ecosystem. On the flip side, this new audience will bring a new perspective to the model build and offer the chance to engage with Anaplan-skilled, early talents who are motivated to work in the ecosystem upon graduation.

Event Details

Day: Monday, June 10, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. PT
Where: Anaplan Headquarters (50 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107)
Cost: Free! Pre-registration is required. (If you are unable to attend after registration, please let us know so others may join. The event will be at capacity.)

Tentative Agenda

8:00–9:00 a.m.  Check-in and Breakfast
 9:00–9:30 a.m.  Event Kick-Off 
 9:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.    Model Building 
 12:00–1:00 p.m.  Lunch
 1:00–3:00 p.m. More Model Building
 3:00–4:30 p.m. Pitch Your Solution to Judges
 4:30 p.m.     Awards Announcement and Closing

Extra Image website-design-developing-programming-and-coding-technologies-picture-id984117566.jpg

FAQs

Q:  I am registering for CPX soon. How do I sign up for the hackathon at the same time?
A:   Mid-registration, you will see a question about attending training. Choose “no,” then the “Attend hackathon?” question is displayed. Choose “yes” to register, answer the remaining questions, and you’re set!

Q:  I’ve already signed up, but I want in. How can I change my registration?
A:  Send an email to CPX@AnaplanEvents.com with your registration details, and you’ll be added to the event list and will receive an updated confirmation by email.

Q:  I’m a university student and want to put my Anaplan modeling skills to use, but I can’t get away from my internship to attend CPX. Can I attend only the hackathon?
A:  Students may attend only the pre-conference hackathon; registrations are handled on a one-off basis. Send an email to the University Connect team with your contact details.

Q:  Can I attend training AND the hackathon? What if I need to attend a meeting on Monday?
A:  No, you cannot attend the hackathon and training. Both are full-day events and run in parallel. Any meetings scheduled for Monday will conflict with the hackathon schedule as well.

Q:  Doesn’t the CPX Welcome Reception happen on Monday? Will the hackathon be finished so I can attend the reception?
A:  Yes! The hackathon will end around 4:30 p.m.; the welcome reception is 5-7 p.m.

Q:  Is the hackathon really free this year?
A:  Yes! This is a change from past years. There is zero cost to attend!

Q:  Where is the event held?
A:  The hackathon is held at Anaplan headquarters (50 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107); the registration confirmation email will have more details.

Do you have more questions about the hackathon? Post them in the comments below.