Linking subsets to a new list
If i have created 5 subsets from a long list and a new list (Subset 1 to 5). Is there a way i can set the formula in my properties of my longlist to command that all items included in the subset 1 shall be tagged as part of the new list for Subset 1 instead of doing it manually? Thanks in advance! Appreciate your help! 🙂
Ok, I think I understand what you are trying to do and it is a little involved and would require some maintenance if you create a new subset (and subsequent choice), but otherwise it is automatic if you change the members of the existing subsets
1. Subsets on the long list
2. Create a list "mirroring" the subsets
3. Create a module with a line item for each subset (dimensioned by the subset), and enter TRUE as the formula
4. Create a module dimensioned by the list in 1, and add a line item for each subset. pint the line items to the respective formula from 3.
5. Create a module dimensioned by 2., with line items for each subset and manually check the respective element
6. Now we know which list items from 1 are in which subset and we know which list item from 2. corresponds to each subset , so lets bring it together in 1 module dimensioned by 1 and 2 with line items for each subset member and a check
7. I've assumed you have a module something like this, where the subset "choice" is made
8. You can now bring in the value for those list items that are in the chosen subset
9. This will then work if you change the elements in the subset
So the maintenance for adding a new subset would be:
a. Add a new element to the list in 2.
b. Add new line items in the modules from 3, 4, 5 and 6
c. Amend the check formula from 6.
Hopefully this resolves it for you
I don't think you can do this by formula (unless proven otherwise).
But this can be updated via an import process.
If you create saved views of all the subsets with a boolean line item which you can use a formula of TRUE via boolean format. Then you can create an action to import these views into the new subset list property. This will update subset items.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions please do let me know.
Appreciate your response. The import cannot be an option. I will need to tag the subset to the new list because the dropdown will be the new list. I tried to create a property though in the long list but I was thinking if there is a better way to do it. 🙂0
I'm still confused with your requirements.
What do you mean by tagging? Can you create an example of what list 1 and list 2 are? What are the name of the subsets, and what business problems you're trying to solve?
The requirement is this: i will have to create random subsets in let's say "the long list". Let's say 5 subsets.
Then i will have to create a new list, which will serve as the dropdown in my adjustment module. The new list will contain SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4 and SS5. I need to create a new list because in my adjustment, i will need to select from the new list.
However, the new list should to connected to the 5 random subsets that i first selected from the "long list". Just so when i select SS1, my adjustments will allocate to the first subset, if SS2, to the 2nd subset and so on.
Appreciate your assistance.
Thanks David, appreciate this! 🙂0