Cannot Install Anaplan Excel Add-In - Misleading Error Message Displayed
- We are struggling to download the Microsoft Excel Add In - when trying to do so we get the following message:
- The Anaplan Excel Add-in requires Microsoft Excel 2016 or 2013 or 2010 (32-bit of 64-bit) to be installed.
- This is misleading - the documentation states that Office 365 is supported (https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Extensions_and_Addins/Excel3_1_Add-in/Excel3_1_Download_and_install.htm?cshid=1781)
I am following the following instructions in order to download the Anaplan Excel add in (in this case, the latest version - 3.1., but equally I have failed to successfully install any iteration of the add in)
I have met the following requirements:
- Downloaded and installed Office 365 installed locally on my PC
- Windows 10
- Downloaded and installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7
- Downloaded and installed Visual Studio Code version 1.37.1
- Downloaded and installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
Please can anyone advise on how we continue? Those who had downloaded the add in a while ago are having no problems, this just appears to be affecting those who have tried to download the application recently.