Hi,
please help
I've got versions with switchover:
1.Actual
2.Budget-mar 19 switchover
3.Forecast-June 19 switchover
I need to have 2 line items showing:
1. Budget start date
2. Budget end date
you can do this using the formula ISACTUALVERSION() for example.
The switchover means in the past Anaplan considers it to be the actual version.
So if you a line item like (with time and version dimension) in a module called SYS01: Time Filters:
Detector = IF ISACTUALVERSION() then 1 else 0
Switchover date(date formatted,time summary: first non blank) = if detector = 0 and previous(detector) = 1 then start() else blank
That gives you the date.
Now you need to extract that into a module without time like SYS02: Time Settings:
'SYS01: Time Filters'.Switchover date[select:time.all periods]
You can find this in the time filters app available on the app hub
personally, I don't understand your question. Are you asking how to get the switchover date into a line item ?
but that won't give you budget end
Hi!
Yes, you got me right, I need to get the Switchover date to the line item. That gives me a budget start date, then I will add 365 days to the start date, thus I will have the budget end.
I am considering you are referring start date as switch over date.
If yes, then below is the solution to get the start date(Only start date)
1. Create 2 line items say Switchover Month Calculate (Month Format,Formula Scope: Actual Version) and Switchover Month(Month Format, Formula Scope: All Version)
2.Write the formula as ITEM(Time) for Switchover Month Calculate line item
3. Now in Switchover Month line item, write the formula as "Switchover Month Calculate[SELECT: VERSIONS.Budget, SELECT: TIME.All Periods]
All period will show currently June 19
4. Create another line item say Current Switchover and write the formula as Switchover Month + 1, this will give you the Jul 19 as your switchover month.
Cheers,
Chamanpreet
Easy and elegant!
Thank you!!!!
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…