Hi!
Can the model history be restored after executing a delete using selection action deleting a bunch of items (around 50 million items) from a particular list?
The model is in the standard offline mode.
Thanks,Somain
Hi Somain,
Although this number is huge, I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work. I've tried it before with a smaller number of deleted items and it worked fine. Try to find a point in history before the action was performed and restore the model.
Cheers,
Dmitry
@somain.gupta you can easily restore your module back to the way it was but there are some caveats.
1. Any changes you made after you ran the delete action will also be lost because you are restoring the model back to the state it was in before you deleted the items.
2. offline/online doesn't matter. Offline only prevents other admins from editing your model. It does not save any memory in your workspace.
3. Because your list is rather large it may take Anaplan a little while to restore the model.
Here's how you can do it:
First, I built 500 list items and added my sales to a few of them.
I took my model offline.
I deleted the list with 500 members
Go into history and select the transaction just before the delete action and restore the model.
You will be take out of the model. Upon opening again, you will see the data has been restored.
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…