Greetings All,
Please check out my new article on Model cleanup activities. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Link here
Thanks and Regards,
Kavin.
Thanks @kavinkumar.
Great article. I know you're also very familiar with the data integration side of Anaplan too. Any data integration cleanup suggestions?
I was recently working with a client that was using practically every method available to integrate with Anaplan - Excel add-in, API with and without a certificate - mostly Python, Anaplan Connect, and the Informatica connector. Seemed to me that it would be a good idea to develop a consistent data integration policy. Maybe something that con be done during a cleanup activity. What has been your experience?
HI @JaredDolich,
Definitely, I will work and come up with findings pretty soon 🙂 !!
Regards,
Very good content and handy @kavinkumar.
For actions I'd add one thing:
I personally consider any action with a default name to be **** and will periodically remove them. It forces my team to rename actions when they want to keep them. good success so far !
Haha, that's lil aggressive!! but people should take ownership.
What about imports built for functionalities in the past now decommissioned ? They will be missed from your cleanup purview since the import action will have proper names, but no longer in use.
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…