Time Synchronization on Dashboard

Hi All,

I've added a time (yearly) as a page selector at the top of the dashboard, but my columns are not synchronizing.  In fact, the Boolean in the design area cannot be clicked.  Thoughts?

Tagged:

Answers

• jedge@dsi.com 

Just a guess. Make sure that the summary level of the line items are appropriate for the Booleans you're working with.

Try adding a mocked up screenshot or example (no sensitive data) - of the dashboard and the blueprint of the source model. If we know specifically what's happening we can be more helpful.

• jedge@dsi.com ,

First, make sure nothing is hidden in the module you published, especially on the time dimension side.  I put this together and it works, but remember I am didn't hide anything nor do I have any filters applied.

Basica module:

2020-01-14_10-11-26.png

Published it to the dashboard as well as the years (Publish Page Selectors for Dashboard) from a module that is only dimensionalized by Years.

2020-01-14_10-14-44.png

Open the designer while clicked on the data module and select Sync

2020-01-14_10-11-46.png

Data should change now when you toggle the different years:

2020-01-14_10-12-21.png

2020-01-14_10-17-58.png

Again, if your selection to sync is greyed out, it is because you are hiding something.

Hope this helps,

Rob 

• If the boolean "Synchronize Selection" is not active anymore for the "Time" list of the module: verify if there are filters applied to the "Time" list in module in dashboard. this could generate the disable of this option. 

Another possibility: there are manually hidden time columns in the dashboard:  verify if "Show ALL Columns" is active.. if yes.. then you need to Show all columns for Time and then the flag will become again available. 

ciao

Alex