**** All,
Please guide me to upload numbered list as a list in other numbered list.
I am trying to import using code like as given below but unable to import and getting error.
Regards,
Vikas Jain
Hi @vikas1 ,
As I can see in your screenshot, the import file does not contain code for base items, also you're using items uniquely identified as Names. Try using "code" and add codes for all the items in the file. Let me know if you have any difficulties in this approach. Thanks!
Govinda
Thanks Govind
As I have added base code "AME" but again showing error.
Please see the below when I used Code to import the data.
Hi @vikas1
I am sorry for being unclear. You will need to add code for all the leaf nodes to import without an error. Please try and let me know if error still persists.
1. Add code to all the items in the file.
2. Add property "Display Name" on the list.
3. Map Display Name property and Code and then import.
Many Thanks Govind,
Now I can import the data but I want to ask one thing in this case do how would I show the parent of the related Item.
Because it's updating the data below.
@vikas1
If I may ask why is there a need to import a list from another list. One there is no filtering out options from source list & you will be replicating the target list, second Anaplan will create an error log if there are any ignores/failures which are highly likely in this scenario.
I would suggest you to create a module based on the source list, create a saved view by filtering out what you don't need and then load the target list from the saved view. Ofcourse by having Code in the saved view and mapping code only, keeping your Name blank or unmapped on the mapping page as it is a numbered list
Thanks,
Misbah
Thanks Misbah for the below, will try it.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…