Hi there I was wondering how do you convert 2/3/2020 (which is a date format) to 2/3/2020 ( a text format)
Hey - Can you try the below replacing "Date Format" with your date formatted line item:
TEXT(MONTH(DATE FORMAT)) & "/" & TEXT(DAY(DATE FORMAT)) & "/" & TEXT(YEAR(DATE FORMAT))
Thanks.
JT
Just thought it would be relevant to share this idea;
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/New-Function-To-Convert-Date-Format-to-Text-Format/idi-p/53134
Would make this process a lot easier!
Best,
Callum
@CallumW I upvoted that!
Surprisingly, @jnoone suggestion is not even mentioned on the data conversion Anapedia page.
https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/Function%20Usage/Convert%20between%20Data%20Types.htm
I can't tell you how often I have to make this conversion.
@Jmanaplanner46 just make sure you make that conversion in a system module. Calculate once, reuse often...
Hi @CallumW and @JaredDolich ,
I have upvoted this too!
I agree that how many times we need to do this.
It would simply things if we have a direct solution to this.
Cheers,
Yash
Hi @Jmanaplanner46 ,
Almost similar to @jnoone approach, if it is required for the date and month to be in 2 digits, I usually convert the date to number using formula
YEAR(DATE FORMAT) * 10000 + MONTH(DATE FORMAT) * 100 + DAY(DATE FORMAT), and then convert it to text format using TEXT and MID functions.
Regards,
Andre
Try using the Name(Date Line item), it will return as text.
@rishi8118 Date line item is a Date format and NAME() will convert an list item or list format Line Item to text.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…