Publishing comparative data

Hi all, 

What can i do to publish comparative data in my dashboard? for example, in my notes to FS, i published the period ending and reporting entity. For my cash and cash equivalents, if i select Jan 2019, the comparative month (Jan 2018) shall also appear alongside with it? and if i select Feb 2019, Feb 2018 data will appear and so on.. 

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks, 

Elaine

Tagged:

Answers

• @elaine.novel 

There are multiple ways to do this.It all depends where your source data is. For example you can create a list with two entries i.e., Current Period and Prior Period and write IF else statement to pull the data from the respective source modules. 

Thanks,

Misbah

• No, i don't think it will work this way as this is only for the purpose of publishing?

• Hi @elaine.novel 

Try the following:

1) In a system module with no dimensions create a lineitem ‘Select Month’ and format that as time period month and publish it to DB for selection

PavanKumar_0-1580447162429.png

2) In a time filter module create a Boolean lineitem for filter. Formula should be : ITEM(Time) = select month OR ITEM(Time) = PERIOD(ADDMONTHS(START(select month), -12))

By doing this, If Jan 20 is selected in the (1) above Jan 20 and Jan 19 will get checked.

3) In the DB use step (2) as a filter. Which will filter for Jan 20 and Jan 19 only.

Regards,

Pavan

• Hello @elaine.novel ,

You can have a time selection drop down for the current month. Have two line items, one for current month(M0) and one for (M-12).

Revenue         - Revenue for selected month

Revenue  LY   - Revenue for selected month - 12 (Use any of LAG/LEAD/OFFSET time functions)

Thanks

Arun

• Thanks Pavan! Appreciate this! 🙂

• Hi @PavanKumar , 

In addition to my previous query, what if part of the client's requirement is to be able to see the quarterly, half year and yearly comparative data. I was able to derive the monthly comparative but upon discussion, the quarterly and annual should also be part of the selection. is there a way to merge the monthly, quarterly and yearly in the selection pane to show the comparative of them too?

Appreciate your response again.

Elaine