Hi
Can I know how to update existing master data with approved values at end of approval cycle without overriding the existing data set ?
Thanks
Tejaswini
@tejaswini
Can you please furnish more details. What data set are we talking about here?
@Misbah
I have a customer-product list wrt that i have product price,product volume as my master data.So customer will raise a request to change product price or product volume if needed then approver will approve the changed product price and volume . How can I update master data based on approved values without changing master data.
For Example:
XYZ product has 90 as product price(master data)
ABC customer changed product price of XYZ product to 100 then suppose if Approver approved that 100 then how can I update master data ie 90 with approved value 100 without override that 90
Why don't you create another line item in your Data module and store the new Information in new line item. Assuming all approvals happen outside Anaplan - Bring the values and store into new line item and write IF else statement based on the logic
.
Even if the price change and approval happens within Anaplan you still need to store this updated values in new line item and write if else statements about which price should be considered for calculations.
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…