Criteria for developing using multiple Models vs set of modules in a single model
We are implementing Anaplan for our Finance planning for our business.
We have a set of calculations for planning
- customer: customer acquisition, retention and churn
- revenue: subscription and transaction revenue
- inventory: inventory planning and depreciation
- warehouse: warehouse labour and costs
- support: customer service labour and costs
- Aggregated: using all of the above
The outputs from customer are used in inventory, warehouse and support and an aggregated set of calculations using outputs from all.
Each of them have about 8 to 10 line items. There are about 5 dimensions along which we are planning.
The question I have is should we implement each of these as a separate models or should we implement these as a set of modules in a single model.
Essentially, the question is what is the criteria one should use to create a new model vs implementing a set a modules in the same model.
Any guidelines or pointers to thinking about this would be very useful.
Thanks in advance,