Hi All,
I am receiving an error 'Illegal Argument' while importing data from the saved view of the module to the same actual module within the same model.
Please help me with the possible reasons.
Thanks in advance.
Sampriti Anand
@Sampriti.Anand has anything changed about this model? Did this model move to a new workspace or has anything been renamed?
I've had this import error before when I was doing a model to model import with some fairly large modules. The only way I could get it to work is to manually map the line items I needed and then importing. By doing it this way I was able to get around the Illegal argument issue. That said, by no means is this a solution and I would contact Anaplan support as it's been a pending issue to be resolved for me as well.
Hi @Sampriti.Anand
are you running import via anaplan connect/api or from model itself?
@Sampriti.Anand ,
Two things to look at:
@Sampriti.Anand I am curious. Why are you importing data from a saved you of a module back to the same module? what are you trying to accomplish?
Just In case, I am able to import the data from the model-to-model from the saved view of the same module of any datatype.
Some Possible ways to resolve the issues:
This may not be a solution. I hope this helps in a small way.
Thanks
Nivetha K
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…