Hi,
I am trying to use a rank function in a multi hierarchy list but the rank is not resetting in other hierarchy. I am expecting that the first list member in the hierarchy should start to 1.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Tom
@tompatrick.ting
What is the definition, or calculation, for the line item "Number"?
The Group By looks correct but I'm wondering if you need to add the account number to that? It's the dimension you have in your pivot (upper right hand corner).
@tompatrick.ting ,
So, not sure why are you doing the rank in this module with all of the dimensionality, but if you are wanting to reset at the parent the current item, the last parameter should be the parent of the item, so, parent(item(the numbered list)).
Rob
Hi Tom,
I had the same requirement recently where in, had to sort to the leaf level of the hierarchical list based on Sales history(Number as per your requirement) from highest to lowest.
For this i had used the Rank and Rank Cumulate function:
1.Create a lineitem Rank Number and use RANK(Number, ASCENDING, SEQUENTIAL)
2. Create one more lineitem and use formula RANKCUMULATE(Number, Rank Number, DESCENDING)
Note:- Tweak the formula as per your requirement.
Hope this helps
~Abhi
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…