Anaplan Connect - Could not load the privateKey for authentication.

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to Anaplan through Anaplan Connect tool using a Sectigo Certificate.

I'm able to connect using an hard coded credentials (user:pass) but when trying to connect via Certificate I'm facing the error below.

Note: I have received an "user.crt" file from Sectigo on which I ran the following openssl code to get the private key:

openssl x509 -inform der -in user.crt -out certificate.pem

@Echo on
rem This example loads a source text file and runs an Anaplan import into a module.
rem For details of how to configure this script see doc\Anaplan Connect User Guide.doc

set certificate="C:\Anaplan\anaplan-connect\certificates\certificate.pem"
set WorkspaceId="8a81b09459"
set ModelId="61XYZA7"
set Operation=-file "Employee.txt" -put "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Employee.txt"
-import "New Hire from Employee.txt" -execute -output "C:\My Errors.txt"

rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line ***

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
cd %~dp0
set Credentials=-certificate %certificate%
set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat %Credentials% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% %Operation%
@Echo %Command%
cmd /c %Command%

Thanks in advance

Ruben

Answers

• Hi Ruben,

Not able to see what error you are getting... I can only see the AC script in your post
    Also, please check the interactive guide here
    https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Support/Interactive-CA-Certificate-Guide/ta-p/58492

Regards,
    Anirudh
  • Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for your quick reply,

The error that I'm getting is detailed below:

Running Anaplan Connect...
    Using Class-Path: C:\Anaplan\anaplan-connect\anaplan-connect-1.4.4-jar-with-dependencies.jar
    2020-06-23 18:55:54 ERROR 14272 |-- Anaplan API: Could not initialise service credentials (Runtime: Could not load the privateKey for authentication. Please check the privateKey parameters in your input.)

I will have a look into the interactive guide that you shared.

Best Regards,

Ruben

• You need to add all the parameters

ABerenguela_0-1592985347749.png

Regards

• I believe that will be a further step (authentication through Java Key Store).

Firstly, I was trying to connect using my Sectigo certificate without the aforementioned option, simply using the certificate location.

Please see below a succesful example implemented by Elisa.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Anaplan-Connect-Use-of-Certificate-in-script-does-not-work/m-p/36942#M523

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

• The Anaplan Connect version in that post is 1.3

which version are you using? 

ABerenguela_0-1592990377598.png

this is the guide for 1.4.4:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/anaplanenablement/Community/Anapedia/Anaplan_Connect_v1_4_4.pdf

• I'm using Anaplan Connect 1.4 (latest version available) and followed the instructions below to get the CA certificate from Sectigo

Step #1 - Procure your CA Certificate from Sectigo

Navigate to Sectigo and purchase a Personal Authentication Certificate. The following link has been preconfigured to support Anaplan's certificate requirements:
    URL: https://secure.trust-provider.com/products/!PlaceOrder?ap=Anaplan&product=506

Under User Details, complete the fields to specify Email Address, Forename, Surname.
    Under Advanced Security Options, accept the pre-populated default values.
    Under Login Credentials, set a Username, and Password.
    Confirm the password.
    Click Place Order.

source:
    https://support.onecloud.io/support/solutions/articles/48000982119-anaplan-certificate-authentication-setup

Now I have access to an user.crt certificate sent it by Sectigo but no password file available.

Could you give me some guidance how do I get the respective password file related to the issued certificate?

Thanks

Ruben

• Hi ruben.garcia@peakepm.com 

It seems like the issue is because you are not referencing the private key at all in the script. In the successful scripts that I have run on 1.4.4, you have to 'set' the public certificate (what you already have) and set the private key. See the example below.

set CERTPATH="D:\prod_anaplan\prod_anaplan_connect\CAcertificate.pem"
    set PRIVATEKEY="D:\prod_anaplan\prod_anaplan_connect\private.key:"

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Kathleen

• Hi ruben.garcia@peakepm.com 

did you manage to make your batch work? I am in the exact same situation as you were, by the looks of it. 

I got the user.crt from Sectigo, I have extracted the public key following the "Interactive CA Certificate Guide", I have set both paths in my script:

Public Key is the PEM file i have generated using OpenSSL as per indicated in the CA guide

Privayekey is the CRT fie i got from Sectigo...

But it does not seem to work. I get the following error:

(Illegal argument: Either private key path <C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\user.crt> or passphrase is null. Please check the value(s).)

Cheers

Alex