Using Selective Access with DCA
- We have a selective access list - Country
- User have selective write access to some countries (in Europe) and just read access to the rest of the countries (Americas and Asia Pacific)
- Country List is used in a list formatted line item to be used as a picklist (to filter)
- Module: Has the data to be filtered. Dimensioned by list Combos (No hierarchical relation to Country), each Combo is located in a specific country.
- Filter the data in the module based on the selected country from the picklist (No problem here)
- If the user selects a Country that he/she has write access to (UK for example) then he/she should be able to edit the data in the module.
- If the user selects a Country that he/she has only read access to (US for example) then he/she should NOT be able to edit the data in the module
- See screenshot below
- The logical way to achieve the above ask is to use DCA based on the countries to which the user have write access.
- How can we know - dynamically - which countries the user has access to.
- Generically speaking ... How do we determine the list item in a selective access list that was assigned to a user?
If the DCA is not the way to go here then what other ways you believe would work?
Thank you for your help