Hi,
How can I hide a specific line item/column when exporting? Please see screenshot. Thank you.
On the second tab of the export configuration screen, you should see something called "Labels". It will default to showing the "Name" of the dimension, if you want to export your line item instead of the dimension, then you can just click the "x" next to Name and remove that from the export.
Hi @DMManalili ,
If you wish to remove both the columns then hide the line item as sugested by @anirudh and create a blank property in the list with no data format and use that as a label of your list while exporting. In this way your column 1 will be blank.
Hope this helps.
Jitendra
@DMManalili
Just to add to @anirudh, which will absolutely solve your challenge, you might also consider creating a saved view for sustainability and auditability (PLANS).
In case you use a saved view, which I recommend, even for one use (so you have traceability), there is one other thing about "Hide" vs. "Select Items to Show" when using a saved view. When you "hide" and there are subsequent changes to the line items, like adding a new line item, that new line item will be added to your view. If you "select items to show" it remains that way no matter what changes you make to the line items. This is really important for dashboarding.
I published in the dashboard showing the line item instead the dimension (which is the same in the line item I created in the first column). This is to present alignment of the accounts properly unlike if the list (dimension) shows a hierarchy and indection (please see previous screenshot). Thank you.
@anirudh both are completely fine. In fact (I hate to admit this online) I don't always have time to make a saved view because the "boss" is demanding data right now, I'm tired and in a hurry, or it really is a one time deal and I need it for myself.
(sigh) I guess that's why I love the Community Site so much. There's really no "right" or "wrong" answer. Just choices - lots of ways to solve problems. And, I nearly always learn something new. Diversity of thought!!
I do that a lot too, or I'll create LIS.
I like your approach because it allows me to click on the 6 pt margin and filter on that dimension if I need it.
But how can I export it without showing both the dimension (first column) and line item (second column)? Even if I created a saved view, still when I export it the columns are showing in the excel file.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…