How to create an alternate/Parallel hierarchy

Hi Team,

I am new in the Anaplan. Could you please explain me how to create an alternate hierarchy with example?

Thanks! 

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Avinash,

What do you mean by an alternate hierarchy?
    Do you mean an alternate hierarchy for time?
  • Hi Anirudh,

Please find the below sample hierarchies which I want to create in a single list, where the cost centers have two parent in a single list.

Total Geographic
      North
       Cost Center A
       Cost Center B
     South
       Cost Center C
       Cost Center D

Total Functional Area
      HR
        Cost Center A
        Cost Center B
      Head office
       Cost Center C
       Cost Center D

Regards,

Avinash

• Got you now!

You can achieve this by:
    1. Creating a numbered list
    2. Having a unique code for each of the members in your sample hierarchy
    3. Upload this data (finally the list should have 14 members)
    4. In a text property upload the names (Total Geographic, North, Cost Center A etc)
    5. Set this text property as the display name

Let me know if you need more help

Regards,
    Anirudh
  • Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for your reply. Will try this and let you know if need any help.

Regards,

Avinash

• @avinashshinde ,

Presently, this can not be done within one list but you can "fake" it out by using filters.  To do this:

• Create both main lists (Geography and Functional Area)
    • Create the Cost Center list
    • Create a module named SYS Cost Center Flat and create two line items (Geography Parent and Functional Area Parent)
    • Create a Geography Rollup module dimensionalized by Geography and Cost Center
    • Create a Filter (boolean formatted) linking back to the SYS Cost Center Geography line item
    • Do the same thing for the Functional Area

2020-08-27_07-33-23.png

2020-08-27_07-33-11.png

2020-08-27_07-33-36.png

2020-08-27_07-33-51.png

2020-08-27_07-34-06.png

2020-08-27_07-34-32.png

2020-08-27_07-34-52.png

2020-08-27_07-35-08.png

2020-08-27_07-35-32.png

Functional Area:

2020-08-27_07-42-23.png

2020-08-27_07-42-43.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Hi All

This topic is very interesting for me, as we are exploring this topic as a future development

We are looking to build functionality that will allow multiple parents off a single child member and specify which hierarchies should be used in which part of the model

This will obviously save a lot of the complexity and mapping (as above), as well as saving model space, because the data does not need to be repeated for the child member.

It is also very relevant for our new calculation engine as difference levels within hierarchies are a key component of the calculations needing to be performed

To help me capture a full set of use cases please could you reply with examples of how and why this functionality would help you (i.e. industry, use case, complexity etc.)

I have a lot "in my head" already, but it will be great to validate those against the field requirements

Many thanks in advance

David

• Screen shots?

• Hi 

Any update on the simplified multiple/alternate hierarchy creation capabilities?

Thanks. 

• @einas.ibrahim - Would you be able to post screenshots of the example you described above please?