Data load to SQL using JDBC connection failed : Cannot deserialize value of type

Hi Team,

one of the export from Anaplan to SQL tables failing with the following error message. This script ran successfully till 27th Aug and it was failing for past 2 days. No changes were made and it was the same export script and JDBC properties file and same target table is being used. Appreciate for your guidance to narrow down the issue

Error message:

2020-08-31 09:19:35 ERROR 3172 |-- Feign: Cannot deserialize value of type `com.anaplan.client.DataType` from String "TIME_ENTITY": not one of the values accepted for Enum class: [ENTITY, SUMMARY, BOOLEAN, NUMBER, MULTISELECT_HIERARCHY, MULTISELECT_ENTITY, DATE, MULTISELECT_USER, MULTISELECT_MODULE, FORMAT, NONE, MIXED, ACTION_DEFINITION, TEXT]
at [Source: (BufferedReader); line: 11, column: 402] (through reference chain: com.anaplan.client.dto.responses.ExportMetadataResponse["exportMetadata"]->com.anaplan.client.dto.ExportMetadata["dataTypes"]->java.lang.Object[][40]) reading GET https://api.anaplan.com//2/0/workspaces/........... (Invalid format: Cannot deserialize value of type `com.anaplan.client.DataType` from String "TIME_ENTITY": not one of the values accepted for Enum class: [ENTITY, SUMMARY, BOOLEAN, NUMBER, MULTISELECT_HIERARCHY, MULTISELECT_ENTITY, DATE, MULTISELECT_USER, MULTISELECT_MODULE, FORMAT, NONE, MIXED, ACTION_DEFINITION, TEXT]
at [Source: (BufferedReader); line: 11, column: 402] (through reference chain: com.anaplan.client.dto.responses.ExportMetadataResponse["exportMetadata"]->com.anaplan.client.dto.ExportMetadata["dataTypes"]->java.lang.Object[][40]))

Regards,

Siva

Answers

•  Hi Experts,

Waiting for your guidance for my post earlier. it is critical as Anaplan final data is not uploaded to SQL for reporting purpose

Regards,

Siva

• Hi Siva,

Just taking a shot in the dark here
    Looks like the code is expecting a TEXT and you are feeding it TIME_ENTITY. So looks it's an issue with a format string somewhere

Wish I could help more

Regards,
    Anirudh
  • Hi @anirudh ;

Thanks for your update. All fields are loaded as TEXT format. there were no changes made to the table definition (fields in the table are NVARCHAR) and we push only specific columns which were loaded fine earlier but failing now. Perhaps i will check if any other conversion is failing from TEXT format conversion

Regards,

Siva

• It looks like Anaplan Connect doesn't know how to to deal with timescale entity formatted data - perhaps a line item has been introduced with or changed to that type? This should be raised with support, but if this is the cause I suspect the workaround may be to relocate any such line item(s) so it no longer is included or convert to text.

• Did you solve this one eventually? Facing similar issue.

Thanks,

Lukas