add a button to a board and assign an action to it

hello everybody.

I am a new here. 

was assigned to a relatively easy task, but do not know how to solve it. 

to describe the case:

1) there is a working dashboard.

2) for example it has a grid and an extract button.

3) now my task is to add another extract button, to export what in the grid into a .txt file, so the managers can use this as a QLIK import.

4) I know it is possible also to connect QLIK or Power BI and ANAPLAN, but this solution is just difficult for me to be realized at this situation I have.

5) so I have chosen the easy scenario, only to add a new button to an existing dashboard and assign an action to it. 

6) what would like to add that I do not exactly understand how ANAPLAN works and need to accomplish some easy tasks like this.

7) anybody who has time and will to help.

thank you. 

Best Answers

• Hi Martin,

Since I have never connected Qlik or Power BI with Anaplan, I can't help you with this solution.

However I will tell you how to solve this with your easy scenario :

1) First of all you need to create the Export action. Go into your model, and click on Data -> Export 

Capture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.21.17.png

2) Then you choose the format that you want (txt) and tick the "Save Export Definition" to save your export action, with the name you wantCapture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.45.45.png

3) Next you go to your UX Page, Edit it :

Capture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.25.44.png

4) Add an action button 

Capture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.25.59.png

5) Click on Configure Action and go in Actions 

Capture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.27.07.png6) Click on your Export Action, and all you have left to do is adjust the size of your card and publish your new page !

Capture d’écran 2020-09-24 à 11.27.17.png

Hope this will help you and others !

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@MartinBx2019 

Hope I was able to explain it to you over the call. Let me know if you have any more queries

Answers