Highlighting Parent Rows of a List
You may wish to highlight the parent or total of a list when displaying data on a board or worksheet.
Conditional formatting uses line items to set the criteria for the conditional formatting and it is not possible to specifically highlight a summary or parent list item directly.
However, the following steps can be taken to achieve this.
- For the list in question ensure that you have created a properties module.
- Create a new line item and format as a Boolean. Set the formula = TRUE
- Create a new line item in the target module. Set the formula = IF Property module.boolean = TRUE THEN 0 ELSE
- Change the summary settings for the line item to formula. All parent list items for that list will now be set to 1 while all the children remain 0
- In the UX pivot the line items to either the column or row, select and update the conditional formatting settings using the line item above to qualify the criteria.
This is a very simple solution which will allow you to highlight any parent of a list and can be repeated over any number of dimensions if you module requires it.