Hi,
I want to have required fields in my form but seems I can only do so for fields (line items) that has Text format. Is this limitation the case? If so, what is the point of limiting the functionality in that way?
Best regards,
Johan
Anaplan doesn't have native functionality to make some of the fields are required. However, you can leverage the KPI features as indicators on the screen.
Thanks,
Sandeep
@johan.marketoft
You can have a field for any formatted line item. However, you need to enable input in order to make it entry field.
if you publish a formula-based line item it would be still shown. I don't see any limitations with this.
let me know if you need any help.
Hi Sandeep,
The line items are not formula-based. They are formatted on date, lists and number. I would like these to be required too but cannot do that as far as I can see? I know that I can have fields from line items with all kinds of formats in the Form. They are in the form so that is all good, but I want to do the required thing to them too and not only for Text-formatted line items.
I am afraid, I might have got it wrong.
Do you mean to say the line item formatted other than text is not showing up on your page?
-
That is not what I am saying. I get all the line items up in the Form as fields. The second step is to make some of them required. I can do that for text-formatted line items / fields it seems, but I can't do that for the others (formatted number / date / lists etc). Is this a functionality that Anaplan does not have in Forms as of now? The ability to have a non-text formatted field to be required in a form?
Ok got it, hopefully it comes at some point! Thanks for info.
Meanwhile, You can always submit as a request under the Idea Exchange section.
I discovered the same today. Really annoying. Text fields can be made mandatory in forms but no other format. Have you checked with Anaplan about the reasoning behind this?
I odn't know the reasoning behind it. Found someone who put it on the Idea Exchange:
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/NUX-Forms-Expansion-of-Required-Field-Types-Booleans-List/idi-p/74626
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…