Level 1 Model: Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result

Hi gurus, 

When building the reporting module 'REP04'(the target)I'm trying to reference to an existing module 'EMP03' (the source) for the calculated medical costs. REP04 has two dimensions 'Region' and 'Role' whilst EMP03 has 'Department' and 'Role', hence I tried the mapping module 'SYS09' to fill the gap. Thought it's ok but still run into 'Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result', any help is much appreciated. 

JoanneM_0-1604326009387.png

Comments

• Hi @JoanneM 

The first thing that comes to my mind is that you're trying to pull the medical costs from a module dimensioned by Region and Role to your target module, dimensioned by Dept and Role. The difference on the dimensionality is the Region vs Dept. However your lookup is based on the Employees system module, so dimensioned by Employees. I think you need to find where in your model you are calculating the medical costs by employee so you can aggregate it by Region and Department accordingly.

Hope this helps!

• Hi Noemi,
    Many thanks for your swift reply, it does help and I fully agree with you the dimensionality of those two modules do not match and it's best to get the original calculation individually referenced. However this is part of level 1 exam and data is entered in these two modules so I'm trying to join them via the mapping module 'SYS08'.
    Cheers
    Joanne