Question on how I set up my List
I need advice on how to set up something in my Model. I need to pull into my Modules a Time Setting that excludes Bank Holidays. I have created a List of all the Bank Holidays and plan to use this as a filter in my Module's. I want to know if this is the correct way to approach this task? A screen shot is attached.
First, please remove the properties from the list and instead create a module dimensionalized by this list and Time at the Year, it will be much better and easier to use. Then, in your SYS Time - Day module, you will now be able to look up these values. Create the following line items:
Year: item(time) with a time period of Year
Bank Holiday?: start() = module you just create.line item (I would assume Holiday)[lookup:year]. Bank Holiday should be a boolean
To get this to work, does the SYS TIME - Day module need to be dimensioned by the holiday list also?
Yes, you should have 3 modules in total.
First, create a Holiday list having a Top Level:
SYS Holiday Observed:
- Dimensionalized by Holiday list and Time at the year level
- Line Item: Observed Date formatted as Date
SYS Time Filter - Day
- Dimensionalized by Time at the Day Level
- Line item FY Year formatted as Time Period Year. Formula: PERIOD(START())
SYS Holiday Day:
- Dimensionalized by Holiday List and Time, at the Day level
- Line item Is Holiday formatted as a boolean with a summary of ANY. Formula: SYS Holiday Observed.Observed Date[LOOKUP: 'SYS Time Filter - Day'.FY Year] = START()
In the SYS Time Filter - Day module, create a new line item Is Holiday? with the formula: SYS Holiday Day.Is Holiday?
I put a filter on it so you would see all of the Holidays are correct.
Hope this helps,
This is very helpful. Thank you for the very detailed reply!