Incremental data export to interface (informatica)
Hi All - I am looking for design suggestions to below the following use case. Please guide me . Thanks
1. We have a module for employee - role mapping (1:M)
2. Planners have an option to change employee role (add / delete)
3. There are other downstream systems looking for modified employee -role mapping data. Hence, the expectation is to send the data to our interface(Informatica) in near real time
4. I need to send both old role and new role details. Again, the expectation is to send only the employees for which mapping have been altered
Please guide me. Thanks.
I'd do this over time dimension.
Role can be overridden and if so, it becomes the new roles (IF isnotblank(override) THEN override else previous(role) ) . System always export the latest month. You can detect a change with PREVIOUS(role) <> Role0
Thanks Nathan. Please advice the purpose of time dimension
Going by the suggestion just excluding time dimension, Can I not achieve the same result with 3 line items : role , new role and overridden (role <> newrole) boolean.
In export process
1. Exports only items where overridden = true.
2. Replace role with new role which will eventually reset overridden flag to false for all items and ready for next set of the changes0
Take a look at this course which speaks to Delta Load processing.