Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4

I have been stuck on the first formula for days. When I enter it the error I get is:

JBeauchs_0-1610646144396.png

I'm not sure what this means, I have gone back and double checked the naming of all of my modules and made sure I was typing the formula correctly:

IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actual and Budget'.Headcount

I've tried typing it, copying it, no matter what I do it won't work. If someone could provide some guidance I would really appreciate it.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• @JBeauchs 

Basically, you are trying to accomplish a calculation that you are wanting to do sum of data on and the calculation can't do it.  Usually, this means you are missing a Top Level member of a list (which is used to get a total of that list).

For example, if I have a list of Employee's without a top member,

Rob

Mark

Jeff

George

Well, there is nothing at the top to sum that data.  To fix that, put in.a top level member in the Configure tab of the list
    All Employees

Rob

Mark

Jeff

George

• JBeauchs
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the response. I had entered the wrong information in EMP02 and had to go back and correct my error to get the formula to work.

Answers

• I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a breakdown of what these formulas are saying or actually telling the computer? - like what is this formula trying to achieve?