Import to List from Module
Hello Community! Hope you are all doing great.
I am trying to import from a Module to a List, but it is not working for me.
My LIST is called "Machines by Mill", and the headers in there are the name, the PARENT, the CODE and WORKCENTER:
I created a module with those names within LINE ITEMS, and as input, the item that I want to add to the list (in blue):
However, when I try the import from Module, it is not recognizing my line items as headers, so it is not importing my data from module to list.
Any ideas of how to work things around?
Thank you very much in advance.
First of all, Kudos to you for using a module to create the list. That's the way to do it!
What I would recommend is the following.
- In your module (hopefully a system module) create a saved view
- The columns will be named anything you want but you want three of them.
- The first is the ITEM
- The second is the CODE
- The third is the PARENT
- Apply any filters you want to makes sure you're only getting the ITEM and CODE values you want.
- Save the view
- In your list import the data from your saved view you just created.
- Map your three line items to the ITEM, CODE, and PARENT in your list
- Let it fly!
- Revel in your awesomeness!
Side note: you module is dimensionless. If you only need one entry for the list create another list that has one list item in it. you can't import a dimensionless module.0
Oh man... that totally works!
You are awesome!! Thank you very much.
So, just for the record the big secret here was to create the saved view, and to have a dimensioned module.
Thanks again for a clear and detailed explanation!!2