Error in city names between Supply Chain and Financial Planning Models

sunilramakumar
Contributor

Error in city names between Supply Chain and Financial Planning Models

Hello - I am seeing a difference in city names between Supply Chain and planning models. Has anyone faced this issue ? And if so, can you guide me on how to fix the problem. The activity asks for zero errors and the different city names under Canada & India is causing errors in import

Level 2 - Supply Chain

sunilramakumar_0-1593660316803.png

FP&A 

sunilramakumar_1-1593660376637.png

Sincerly,

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@sunilramakumar 

I believe I responded to the same question before. I don't know if the Academy created that discrepancy on purpose to force us to resolve it or it's an oversight.
We will face situations of mismatched data in client implementation a lot and we have to make a decision how do we want to deal with it.

Mapping the 2 different names is certainly one of the solutions. 

In a real client implementation, we opted for changing the name in the source system. 

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
filip.sypniewski

Hi @sunilramakumar,

when you create your import action, you can map the cities on your G3 Location tab. I recall doing it when I was working on Level 2 too.

Please let me know if you managed!

sunilramakumar
Contributor

Hi Filip - I edited the list entry in supply chain and imported it. That removed the ignored errors.

Sunil

einas.ibrahim

@sunilramakumar 

I believe I responded to the same question before. I don't know if the Academy created that discrepancy on purpose to force us to resolve it or it's an oversight.
We will face situations of mismatched data in client implementation a lot and we have to make a decision how do we want to deal with it.

Mapping the 2 different names is certainly one of the solutions. 

In a real client implementation, we opted for changing the name in the source system. 

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
sunilramakumar
Contributor

Thank you. I appreciate the inputs.