Register

L2 Sprint 2 - 2.3.8.4 Formula to the Growth % Line Item

Candy
Contributor

L2 Sprint 2 - 2.3.8.4 Formula to the Growth % Line Item

Hello,

I struggle with building formulas and would greatly appreciate any help.

I am stuck with last part of the activity where I have to convert DEM01 Volume Growth Rate % (monthly) value to weeks.

Being a new learner, I am not sure if the formula is correct because I am getting zero percentage across the periods.

If anyone can explain what I am doing wrong, that would be great help.

Candy_0-1617510584213.png

Candy_2-1617510652247.png

Candy_3-1617510702283.png

Thank you!

Candy

3 REPLIES 3
evacarusu
Contributor

Re: L2 Sprint 2 - 2.3.8.4 Formula to the Growth % Line Item

Hi @Candy ,

For this exercise you need to bring your growth rate from DEM01 Module which is at month level to DEM02 Module which is at week level. You need a formula to push the value from month level from the source module (DEM01) to corresponding week levels in your target module (DEM02). The formula you have used - WEEKVALUE is pushing from week to days, so you need a different function. Please have a look at the MONTHVALUE function in Anapedia https://help.anaplan.com/8b54b167-4cfc-488c-9f7f-32baac1e1fe7-MONTHVALUE

Thanks,

Elisabet

ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

@Candy 

Your source module is dimensioned by months and your target by weeks. Therefore, you need to assign a value to each week based on the MONTHVALUE of the corresponding month. 

As @evacarusu has mentioned use the MONTHVALUE function to assign the month value corresponding to the week dimension in the target module.

Good luck,

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA
Candy
Contributor

Thank you everyone for your help! 😊