Reorder Flag INV01

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Reorder Flag INV01

Hello,

A question on the line item Reorder Flag? Do we need to end Future Ending Inventory line item to calculate Reorder Flag? I used the formula below but doesn't pull up the correct result, can anyone please suggest?

IF Ending Inventory < 0 THEN OFFSET(Shipping Time Weeks, 2, 0) ELSE 0

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Reorder Flag INV01

@Sangya1  Close yet so far.

Explanation: Reorder Flag should check which weeks are hitting negative ending inventory so that system can reorder it automatically.

In your formula there are couple of mistakes

IF Ending Inventory < 0 THEN OFFSET(Shipping Time Weeks, 2, 0) ELSE 0

1. In OFFSET(Shipping Time Weeks, 2, 0) part you are hard coding it to number 2 - Wrong

2. In OFFSET(Shipping Time Weeks, 2, 0) part shipping time weeks again is the number - Wrong

3. Reorder Flag line item has to be boolean - Wrong

So your overall objective is never going to be met. 

Hint:

1.Don't write IF ELSE statement

2. Overall Formula should be OFFSET(x,y,z) < 0 . Figure out what X,Y and Z can be based on the explanation given above

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Misbah, made sense but still kind of figuring out. Here is what I used :

OFFSET(Shipping Time Weeks, -Ending Inventory, -1) and also in the instructions it says Re-order flag needs to be a Boolean..Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sangya,

Understanding is ; The requirement is to flag the reorder line item as true when the ending inventory becomes negative.

W.r.t @Misbah  has mentioned above "OFFSET(x,y,z) < 0", @Sangya1 There is one condition missed in your formula i.e. defining <, >,= ,etc "OPERATORS" for the boolean formatted lineitem to get the desired result. 

x,y,z need to be figured out.

Try this, OFFSET(Ending Inventory, Shipping Time Weeks, 0) < 0

Hope this helps.

~Abhi

Highlighted

@abhi1017 

It would have been great had you not shared the exact formula. I was kind of hoping he figure it out on his own. By sharing the formula it doesn't help them in any way.

Please Do Not Share the Formula.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Misbah  

I just restructured the formula written by him with respect to the requirement stated, unaware whether its right or wrong.

I surely got your intent ,will follow it going ahead.

~Abhi 

Highlighted

@abhi1017 

Thanks for understanding. Remember we are here to help others understand the logic. construct, syntax and the way of writing the formula and not to help them just pass the test.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank You so much, not sure if this a test question but part of activity so I reached out to the community..

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Sangya1  

Is the issue resolved now..?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes and Thanks Again!!