Occasional Contributor

Dynamic Display of Time Periods

Hi Experts,

I have multiple dashboards, But I am taking only 2 dashboards as examples here.

1. Admin dashboard 2. Other dashboard.

We have current date set up module published in Admin dashboard (please find the below screenshot for reference),

Current Date Set-up.PNG

whenever user used to setup the current date in admin dashboard, the same date should get reflected to my 2nd dashboard(other dashboard),I am also attaching the screenshot of second dashboard below.
now it is showing 2019, but I am trying to change it to 2018 or 2020 I am not seeing any changes in my 2nd dashboard,
For Example: In above screenshot the current date set up year is selected as 2019, but I am trying to change it to 2020, it should show the same 2020 in my 2nd dashboard(other) but which is not updating in my 2nd dashboard and showing the same old result.

so automatically the results should reflect in the below for company quota (before adjustments), Quota Adjustment% and Company Quota (after adjustments) to Q1,Q2,Q3, Q4 & FY other dashboard.

Other Dashboard.PNG.

Kindly help me how can I achieve this issue.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards

SK

25 REPLIES 25
Super Contributor

Re: Dynamic Display of Time Periods

Hi SK,

Assuming you have the existing modules below:

1. Current Date with line item 'Date'

2. Region level Quota Adjustments

You can create 'Time Admin' module with the following line items:

1. CY Quarter? = YEAR(START()) = YEAR(Current Date.Date), Format = Boolean, Applies to = Quarter, Sum = Any

Then create a filter in 'Region level Quota Adjustments' by referring to 'Time Admin.CY Quarter?'.

Thanks,

LipChean

Community Boss

@Sasikanth.Busanagari 

Hi

This is quite easy to achieve

1. Add an additional line item (formatted as number) to your Date input module

2019-04-01_09-29-43.png

2. Create/use a Time Settings module dimensioned by quarter with a boolean line item set to ANY as a summary

2019-04-01_09-43-21.png3. Set the filter as below in your target module

2019-04-01_09-30-26.png

4. Now the module will filter on refresh after the date change

2019-04-01_09-41-53.png

2019-04-01_09-41-30.png

Hope that helps

David

Occasional Contributor

Hello David,

I am following your approach, I have completed the 1st step successfully, but I am trying to create the 2nd step I am getting this below error.

Error 123.PNG

Kindly please do let me know how to avoid this error and complete my task.

Thanks

SK

Community Boss

What is the dimensionality of the first module?  What is Year over Dummy Entry Hierarchy?

The solution assumes no dimensions

David

Occasional Contributor

Hi Davis,

Please find the below screenshot for your reference

1.PNG

2.PNG

Highlighted
Community Boss

same question though

Why so you need Dummy Entry?  I see that you've got a SELECT statement in there.

Can you use a module that has no dimensions?

David

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Someone has created the current date setup module, I have just added the Year line Item as you suggested. Now please tell me how can I achieve my query?

Thanks

Sasikanth

Community Boss

Ok, it's difficult to know without seeing if Current Date is being used elsewhere, but, as you can see, the other line items don't have any dimensions, so I suspect that the Dummy Entry could be unnecessary.  The fact that there are SELECT statements focussing on a single item in Dummy Entry I suspect it's redundant. 

As an aside, SELECT on detail items is a no-no!!

Have a look to the right of the blueprint view and see where/if CurrentDate is being used.

If is isn't used for anything, you could remove Dummy Entry from that module

If you are not sure, I would just create a new module (without dimensionality) and then use that first to get the filter working

David

Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Could you please show me the bluepint view of this bellow step.

2019-04-01_09-43-21.png