Excel Add-in v3 and Office 365

Occasional Contributor

Excel Add-in v3 and Office 365

Will the Excel Add-in v3 or later ever support Excel 2016 in Office 365? If not, is there a fundamental reason for that? Regards Dave Easey

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Excel Add-in v3 and Office 365

Bumping this thread.

I was very much looking forward to v3 for our organization but unfortunately we cannot use it since we run on Office 365.

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted

We are currently having issues with SSO and the add-in and were planning on revisiting to try to get it working later this year or next year. However, we are on Office 365 so if there is a compatibility issue then we will be delayed on that work.

Curious to hear more about the timing on getting any compatibility issues worked out.

Message 3 of 8
Occasional Contributor

@bdeaton @davee @cpham  Has anyone received a response from Anaplan on this?

I was recently upgraded to Office 365 and afterwards realized that 2.6 and 3.0 are not compatible.  We run our financial close process from the 2.6 version, so this is a major issue for our company.  

Message 4 of 8
Occasional Contributor

All - I was able to resovle this with Anaplan.  Both add-ins do work with the downloaded version of Microsoft Excel 2016/Office 365 -- they do not work with the online versions.  

They propbably just need to update the system requirements to only say that "Office 365 Online is not supported."  

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Excellent Imcleod, thanks for sharing that, it now works for me. I had previously tried the V3 beta version without success so it may have been a restriction at that stage, now removed. Agreed, Anaplan should update the limitations that currently state: Office 365, Office Online, and Office for Mac (including Office 2016 for Mac) are not supported. Regards Dave
Message 6 of 8

I'm on Office 365 locally installed and still having issues. Currently working through this with support.

I can get this error message when opening Excel:

"The file format and extension of 'Anaplan.Addins.Excel.V2016-AddIn-packed.xll' don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unless you trust its source, don't open it. Do you want to open anyways?"

Anybody else experience something similar?

Message 7 of 8
New Contributor

Hi,Wanted to check whether powerpoint add in is also available for office 365 (desktop) version? Between any idea on how office 365(online) users are managing out on this?Is there a converter or alternative route for them to leverage anaplan addins, given it's not a standard feature.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8