Working Days between dates

Contributor

Working Days between dates

I'm looking to try and find away to calulate working days between two dates in a module; I know this has been addressed in a previous post, but it's from 2014 and I can't seem to access the supporting docs. that really show me what I need.

I'm a new model builder so any assitance would be appriciated, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I've not found it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Boss

Re: Working Days between dates

Hi Ceri,

This requirement can be acheived in the following manner:

1) Create a module(say, "Time Mappings") to maintain the working day mappings with time scale set as "Day", as shown in below screenshot:

Capture1.PNG

a) Working Day Check (Line item 1): A boolean formatted line item 

b) Cumulative Working Days (Line item 2): A number formatted line item with formula "CUMULATE(IF Working Day Check THEN 1 ELSE 0)"

The first line should be maintained manually and it will be a yearly activity done by an admin (Working days as to be checked manually, as shown in screenshot below)

Capture2.PNG 

2) An example module to hold your start and end dates and to calculate number of working days:

Capture5.PNG

Formula for calculating number of working days = "Time Mappings.Cumulative Working Days[LOOKUP: Date Input.End Date] - Time Mappings.Cumulative Working Days[LOOKUP: Date Input.Start Date] + 1"

Based on the inputs given in Step 1 and Step 2, you can see the number of working days as "5" in Jan 17 column.

Hope this example will solve your query. Let me know, if you need further explanation on this.

Regards,

CA Pavan Kumar

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

That's great, thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5
Community Boss

Cheers!

Pavan
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

There is a formula on this page 

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/Function%20Usage/Excel%20Equivalent%...

that will help translate from the excel NETWORKDAYS function to Anaplan.  Hope this helpg

Message 5 of 5