2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module

Jitendra10
Contributor

2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in "2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module "and used the formula  WEEKVALUE('DEM01 Volume Growth Rates'.Growth %) but the values are zero after using the formula.

Not sure whether I am right or wrong !

Jitendra10_1-1626502336652.png

Jitendra10_0-1626502262029.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

Re: 2.3.8.4 Create DEM02 Volume Growth Rates by Week module

@Jitendra10 

Oh, so close! You're on the right path though. DEM01 is a monthly module so if you want to refer to a value from DEM01 you'll have to grab the monthly value by using MONTHVALUE. 

Growth % = MONTHVALUE('DEM01 Volume Growth Rates'.Growth %)

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JaredDolich

@Jitendra10 

Oh, so close! You're on the right path though. DEM01 is a monthly module so if you want to refer to a value from DEM01 you'll have to grab the monthly value by using MONTHVALUE. 

Growth % = MONTHVALUE('DEM01 Volume Growth Rates'.Growth %)

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

yashbhadoria
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JaredDolich 

I was also stuck on same problem. I tried the formula as told by you. But then, it is showing same percentage for week as for month. Is it correct to show that way?

Screenshot attached

JaredDolich

@yashbhadoria 

Awesome callout.

Your solution is correct because we don't have a more granular source to allocate the percentage by week. I suppose you could use LY by week but realistically, that's not too reliable due to holiday shifts, seasonal changes, pandemics, etc.. In real life, the monthly allocation could a combination of LY data and the monthly planned percentage. In this case,

• Calculate the dollar or unit increase for the month using the monthly planned percentage
  • Calculate each week's contribution to the month using LY as a benchmark
  • Allocate the TY monthly units/dollars for each week based on it's respective weighted contribution
  • Calculate the resulting increase YoY

This is way more complicated than the certification requires but when you have a real implementation you may have to be more precise.

Jared Dolich
yashbhadoria
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot@JaredDolich

It will definitely help me, in future, for practical scenario. As for now, I will be using the MONTHVALUE formula due to complications. Thanks for the help.

Yash Bhadoria