Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Anaplan Excel Add-In 3.3 (Read/Write Query)

Hi all,

I understand the ability to create a read/write connection with Anaplan was reintroduced in v3.3 of the Excel add-in.

Where does this feature reside? I am using v3.3.44.0 and below is a screenshot of my toolbar;

CallumW_0-1578322352395.png

I have full access and workspace admin permissions, I also have write access enabled on the version and module I am trying to write into.

Best,

Callum

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Anaplan Excel Add-In 3.3 (Read/Write Query)

@CallumW 

When you click on " New" - creating a new connection it should give these two options

Misbah

Highlighted

Hi @Misbah 

When I click on new I am prompted with the following screen;

CallumW_0-1578326297263.png

Should it appear before this?

Best,

Callum

Highlighted
Community Boss

@CallumW 

Yes before you go to that screen it should give you two options and once you make your choice then this screen should pop up.

You get that option as soon as you hover over "New" command.  If not, it is best you log in a ticket with Anaplan support and share the feedback with the community.

Hope that helps.

Misbah

Highlighted

I see, it seems I am not getting that prompt unfortunately.

Just wanted to check on the community before I contacted support - thanks for the help @Misbah !

Best,

Callum

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @CalGW ,

There is a known issue about this: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Known-Issues-and-Workarounds/Excel-V3-3-Unable-to-create-a-read-wri...

I hope this helps

Product Manager - Add-ons for third-party products (Excel add-in, PowerPoint add-in, Google Sheets add-on)
Check out our new dedicated page! https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Add-ons-for-third-party-products/ct-p/Third-party-add-ons
Highlighted

Thanks @MagaliP !