Applications of Newly introduced process/action timestamp .?

abhi1017
Super Contributor

Applications of Newly introduced process/action timestamp .?

Hi Anaplanners,

Anaplan is has recently introduced start date and time update w.r.t each  process/actions run which has been very helpful.

Is there a way through which this timestamp can be published on DB or used in model building..?

Thanks in Advance.

~ABhi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@abhi1017 

Great question. Unfortunately not yet. But there is an idea on the exchange. Hopefully this will be added soon.

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

nathan_rudman
Community Boss

No, not possible.

However you can do like the user data: set up an export of the actions tab and re-import it into a module. Then that can be scheduled to be updated automatically every x.

Nathan Rudman, Anaplan Model Builder

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JaredDolich

@abhi1017 

Great question. Unfortunately not yet. But there is an idea on the exchange. Hopefully this will be added soon.

Jared Dolich
nathan_rudman
Community Boss

No, not possible.

However you can do like the user data: set up an export of the actions tab and re-import it into a module. Then that can be scheduled to be updated automatically every x.

abhi1017
Super Contributor

Thanks @JaredDolich and @nathan_rudman 

As of, I am using the same work around @nathan_rudman.

But looking at something where i can use it directly/dynamically rather depending on integration.

~ABhi

nathan_rudman
Community Boss

I've discussed it with R&D as soon as I saw this update. It is quite unlikely we will get this natively.

abhi1017
Super Contributor

If not natively, surely they might provide another workaround.

1. May be whenever a process/actions is published on DB the timestamp also is visible and updates itself in sync with the process/action run.

2. Granularity :- List/ list member also get introduced to timestamp. (an extension to Process/action)

~ABhi

vazqulu1
Contributor

We'd use the functionality, what if an enhancement request is made?  Trying to come up with a way to show the timestamp for last time data is updated in various modules, use of that timestamp data would have solved my problem! 🙂

abhi1017
Super Contributor

@vazqulu1 

This discussion was started to address the exact requirement mentioned by you.

~Abhi