Blank Cell with History

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Blank Cell with History

Hi Team,

I have a situation where some cells have had data entered to them & this is proved by the cell history but the cell is BLANK. I am struggling to understand why the cell history is not reconciling to the data in the cell. Please see the attached screenshots for an example but effectively I was expecting the value to be 'May 21' as this is the last entry in the cell history

Has anyone encountered this before & have a solution?

Thanks!

Mark

26 REPLIES 26
alexpavel
Certified Master Anaplanner

Another ways to "loose" history of a cell:
- bulk-copy: the operation does not leave any detailed trace
- Add and remove formula on the line-item.

Both less probable in your case as I think you focus on a particular cell...and not a dramatic loss of data... :).

I hope you will figure it out eventually.

Alex
MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @alexpavel 

Thanks for the reply

Could you explain more what 'Bulk Copy' is? Are you referring to the Version copy functionality?

Thanks

alexpavel

Yes...that Bulk Copy functionality...which can be launched also choosing from any list what is Source and what is Target ..not necessarily Versions...
MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @alexpavel 

I was referring to the Bulk Copy functionality in the Versions section per the attached screenshot

What is the Source/Target Bulk Copy functionality you mention above?

Thanks for your help

Mark

alexpavel

Yes.. the Bulk Copy is launched from Versions section...if you push the Bulk Copy button it will open a window where, by default, you can choose Source Version..Target Version...
But it's also a combo-box where you can change the list, different from Versions...and you can choose Source element and Target element.

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Understood, thanks @alexpavel 

alexpavel

Here you can find more info about the history log about Bulk Copy:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/History-logs-Improve-traceability-for-quot-bulk-copy-...