Calculation Inquiry

Hi,

PLease see details in the attachment.

Regards,

13 REPLIES 13
andre.lie
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @Jsdeloria21 ,

It looks like the FINDITEM in Percent Counter Time Lookup could not find the list item.  I think it is because you missed a space in the formula i.e. "Month ", not "Month" as what you have

Andre

Jsdeloria21
Regular Contributor

Hi Andrei,

Thank you so much for answering the queries yesterday I was able to build the calculation. I would like to clarify some stuff if it alright.

Particularly on this table. I can assume that this table will be the first approach that a user/client will have to set before the calculation starts. Now as you can see below you set Month 1 - Jan 19, in my case I started with Month 1 - Jan 18 and it calculated the Oct 18-Dec 18. Now I have this questions to ask.

1. Let us say that client has 24 mos spread on the Counter dimension and I set Month 1 - Jan 18 so meaning it should cover Jan 18 - Dec 2020. If ever I have a computation on Jan 21 which is not covered on this table. Does this mean there will be no computation present on the Payment Module since it is not mapped on the Counter Time Mapping module? 

2. Also this one is related to the Number 1 question, in my actual Run I have a value to be computed on Source Module dated Sep 16, since it is not mapped on this table does this also mean that there will be no computation present on the Payment Module? 

3. I am assuming that in this module Counter Time Mapping you manually input the Months based on the number of spread Month 1 - 24. Is there a way to automate the mapping? Meaning this table will map only the Months on the Source module with values in it?

Jsdeloria21_0-1593501860013.png

Since I already build the solution you presented I am currently applying the scenario in the actual model itself.

Appreciate your response. And again thank you.

Regards,

andre.lie
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Jsdeloria21 ,

For question 1 and 2, no payment will be calculated if the period is not mapped.  For question 3, the sample payment calculation works on assumption the period is mapped sequentially in the mapping module.  

Regards,

Andre

Jsdeloria21
Regular Contributor

Hi Andrei,

Sorry for disturbing you. I was able to replicate the solution that you sent me. See below:

Jsdeloria21_0-1593411867532.png

I only have 2 missing line items that I need to clarify with you. What is the complete formula for Cumulate count and in the Counter Time Month line item, what is Counter time mapping.Month, is it a module or a list? I think I am missing that part as well. Plus the question that I have with  Time - Counter Mapping table.

Appreciate your response

Regards,