Cannot Create Boolean based on LOOKUP for Write Access Driver

Highlighted
Contributor

Cannot Create Boolean based on LOOKUP for Write Access Driver

Hi,

I'm trying to build a module with a line item boolean looking if a Manager is in a specific Cost Center to later work as a Write Access Driver if a Manager can do certain actions in relation to that Cost Center:

Target Module:

Module dimensions: Manager, Cost Center.

Line Item: Is Manager in Cost Center? (Format: Boolean)

I have a SYSTEM module for the Manager based on the People # List. I do have both Manager and Cost Center as formatted line items in this module:

SYSTEM Module for People:

Dimensions: People

Line items: Is a Manager? (Boolean), Manager (Format: Manager), Cost Center (Format: Cost Center).

Manager is a subset of the People list. 

I am trying to pull in TRUE in the target module by the following formula:

SYSTEM MODULE.Is a Manager?[LOOKUP: SYSTEM MODULE.Manager, LOOKUP: SYSTEM MODULE.Cost Center] 

I get an error saying "Format of mapping used for lookup doesn#t match any dimension of the source."

I only get the error based on the "Cost Center"-lookup, as when I only do a LOOKUP for the Manager I don't get an error but then I get everything Boolean in the target module which is also not the result I want. I only want booleans to be TRUE for the cells where dimensions match according to the System Module.

Best regards,

Johan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Cannot Create Boolean based on LOOKUP for Write Access Driver

You don't have these as dimensions in the source module, so lookup will not work. Try changing from LOOKUP, to ANY.

Is a Manager?[ANY: SYSTEM MODULE.Manager, ANY: SYSTEM MODULE.Cost Center] 

This is essentially a way to sum over Booleans to get it into your target module correctly.

Jason