Custom Time Dimension / Supply Planning on a daily basis

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Custom Time Dimension / Supply Planning on a daily basis

@ToddKavanaugh 

I think this will be better, plus it gets you away from hardcoding in the line item as well as making it sequential with the IF statements

Create a Days list

2020-02-19_10-46-49.png

In the DAYS system module

2020-02-19_10-46-30.png2020-02-19_10-46-21.png

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@rob_marshall 

I knew there was a way to do it using the code and list. This is awesome. So much better than to use Hardcoded names.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this. I decided to go a different route but i was interested in how you went about it...  Its good info..

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

@HendrikDeCuyper The time functions are only available with the native timescale; that's one of the tradeoffs of using a custom time dimension vs. native time.

If you need a lot of these functions and your main concern is restricting to weekdays, I would second the weekday boolean approach @JaredDolich suggested.

Highlighted
Community Boss

Hello Hendrik,

I have learned a way from @DavidSmith  to use the time functions when we use a custom time list.

You need to map your custom days to standard time (either to week, month or year). Using this mapping you transform your data from custom time to standard time, do the timefunctions in the standard time module and then bring the results back into custom time.

For eg, if your custom time list is having 60 days. You could map them into Year 2000 until 2059. By this way your model will not consume space as in using a daily time scale with 1 year (365 cells +)

Thanks

Arun