Register

Formula help

CommunityMember113484
Occasional Contributor

Formula help

Hi,

I need help with a formula. I have a module dimensioned by product, meeting, and entity. 

CommunityMember113484_2-1602255255028.png

In my new module, it is dimensioned by product and entity and my formula is a direct link to the % line item in the previous module. 

I need it to pick up the total for Product A for example at 50%, but it is currently picking up 5%.  How do I go about doing this? 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
nikolay_denisov
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Formula help

Hello,

Let me summarise your issue in a different words:

1) Source module dimensioned by [Products][Meetings][Entities]

2) Target Module dimensioned by [Products][Entities]

So target module contains less dimensions and by default Anaplan picks total for all meetings, but within specific product and entity.

If you pivot your source module in a following way: having Products in rows, entities in columns and meetings as a page selector, so you would be able to choose total for all meetings and then check data for specific product.

It might be that you have a formula summary in your source module which sums percentages according to their calculation logic.

If you could share some screenshots and more details - it will be easier to understand your issue.

Regards, Nikolay

CommunityMember113484
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nikolay,
I have repivoted the source module, however the formula still picks up the total. I can't seem to attach/copy the screenshots below but I've sent you a message on this. Thanks again
ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

As you target module is not dimensioned by meeting you need to direct the formula to the required meeting dimension.
In circumstances where there is not a relationship between dimensions that you can use to map I recommend that you create a model LOOKUP module.
These modules contain no dimensions and ONLY list items.
Create a list item for the dimension you wish to lookup, format it as the required list and select the list item from the available options. What you have now is a list formatted line item that you can now use in a LOOKUP function in your target module.
Now when referencing the source add the following to the end of the formula
[LOOKUP:Lookups Module.Total Product A]
This will inform Anaplan that you what to only pull data across which is at the intersection of Total Product A.
If Total Product A is the parent of the items above you will need to format your lookup line item as the parent list.
Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA
CommunityMember113484
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thanks for explaining this. I've now created a module that links the two (I have created a module with the meeting IDs as the row and the line item is list formatted to the Products) - I think this is what you meant?
The lookup doesn't quite work (although the sum function does? - but not getting to the right answer). I thought I had mapped the two, but the lookup shows the following error: Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result
Thanks again!