Import Data Between SSO Enabled Workspace & Non-SSO Workspace

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Import Data Between SSO Enabled Workspace & Non-SSO Workspace

Hi all,

I know that we can import the data from different workspace. My question here is "What will happen if SSO setting is different between the those?".

i.e.

Workspace A→SSO enabled

Workspace B→Non-SSO

→Can we import the data successfully or it will fail?

*Both workspace are in the same tenant.

Thanks

Mao Ninomiya

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Import Data Between SSO Enabled Workspace & Non-SSO Workspace

Hi Mao,

If it's the same tenant I do not see why this wouldn't work. When the user is logged in, they see both workspaces no?

The easiest way to determine it is to try.

All the best,

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@MaartenGijbels 

Thanks for your reply. 

What do you think if an import is done by Anaplan Connect? (Not any button in a dashboard)

*I wish I could try and test. But, I don't have such test environment (That's why I created the topic).

Highlighted

Hello,

I'm not familiar enough with the technical aspects of Anaplan Connect to answer that. I know the authentication in A.O. is different for a "normal" workspace and SSO. So there could be an impact.

But again, the only way to be sure is to test it. You could also reach out to support (support@anaplan.com) to ask the question. They might have more information on the background.

Highlighted

@MaoNinomiya 

SSO is assigned at a user level, so there should be no issue with having data flow from one model to another with one having a user with SSO enabled, and another without.

In regards to Anaplan Connect, the user that is set up in the Authentication of the Anaplan Connect Script must be a Non-SSO user. Even in customers where all users have SSO, they will typically create an admin email (E.g.: Anaplan@customer.com ) and this user will be an exception user and will not have SSO enabled. 

Hope this helps,

Jason