Import Pop-Up

Hi Team,

A user has just started receiving a strange Pop-Up when they use Data - Import when within a Module

Normally you start with the Select Source pop-up and move to the mapping items etc while this has no mapping items etc

Is this due to access levels?

Thanks

 User Upload Pop-Up

IMG1.PNG

Normal Upload Pop-Up

IMG2.PNG

Best Answer

• ben_speight
    Answer ✓

If you're not an admin in that workspace then you can only run existing imports, to which your role provides access.

Answers

• @MarkTurkenburg 

That's strange.

I was thinking that it might have been because the admin who had uploaded this file had kept it Private file and now When the file was no longer available Anaplan asks you to upload new file - but that is not the case. I tested it and it is not displaying any such pop up for me.

• well that's interesting !

hidden functionality just discovered ? 

can you confirm this happens in all modules ? or just one ?

• @nathan_rudman  & @Misbah this error occurs only in that module (as far as I can tell) but other modules receive the below error. This is strange because the Users have access to all Actions

IMG1.PNG

• so used to being admin we don't even recognize it !
  • Thanks @ben_speight 

It's a little strange that it allows you to select the Import from the module etc as a non Workspace-Admin user. Would be a product improvement to remove that functionality I think

Below is what I could find on Anapedia regarding Importing as a non Workspace Admin

IMG1.PNG