Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Profit and Loss Report Module

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Profit and Loss Report Module

Hi

I have a problem in fixing the formulas for the above lesson.  I have attached the screen shots for the first formula I was supposed to create which is for Headcount. 

REP03 Profit & Loss Headcount FormulaREP03 Profit & Loss Headcount FormulaError message displayed for the formulaError message displayed for the formula

Further, I would like to know whether the formula repeats itself for all the line items when you enter a formula for the Headcount in one country?  Appreciate some help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Profit and Loss Report Module

@ThiruT 

See the error in red: Country Code is a text, you can't use SUM on text formatted line items

Your Formula: IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country Code] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals and Budget'.Headcount

Expected formula: IF 'SYS09 Version Details'.Forecast? THEN 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Headcount[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 'DATA01 P&L Actuals and Budget'.Headcount

Second Question: Yes, it will automatically calculate for each country in that particular line item as Formula is line item specific.

Hope that helps

Misbah

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Level 1 Lesson 11.3.4 Activity: Add Formulas to Profit and Loss Report Module

Hi Isn't country text too?