Level 1 Model Building SYS08 Employee Details Import Issue

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model Building SYS08 Employee Details Import Issue

I am also getting the same error. Did you find any solution?

Richashah0909_0-1587512418132.png

Richa Shah
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @VIGNESH.M , @RobinSilk , team

Below is the mapping of the line items and the Grid View after loading.

Star_2-1583804978502.png

Star_3-1583805080772.png

1)  The Code cells are blank.  What item should be mapped to Code?

2)  Are Code, Name, Department, Country, Start Date, Leave Date, Current Salary, Commission % supposed to be in Rows or Columns?  

In the Model downloaded as per training activity, these are displayed as Columns.  Wondering if there are any steps missing at this point or are there future activities that result in these being displayed as Columns.

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Star 

The code should be derived via a formula, no source items need to be mapped to the "Code" line item for the import.   The code is related to the #E2 Employees list, you will need to use the appropriate formula to return the CODE for a list ITEM.

To your second question, you can change the view of a module by selecting Pivot, moving the elements and then saving the view as default.  From a functionality perspective, it doesn't matter if the items are in rows or columns (the calculations will work regardless).  The question you must ask yourself is: what view makes the data easiest to read (Line Items in Columns is likely the best bet here). 

Hope this helps! Shout if you have any more questions.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Tiffany.Rice
Thanks for explaining.
Essentially, at this loading stage, the Code should be blank until further activities, correct?
Yup, pivoting did the trick 🙂

Highlighted

@Star  That's correct.  You should see some additional instruction in the "Activities: Enter System Module Formulas" section later in the course.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much, @Tiffany.Rice 🙂
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

I was stuck with this too and I'm at a similar stage in the training. So the output in the screenshot above which @Star has shared is correct?

Also, I populated the code line item with a name and the only way to fix it was by deleting the line item and inserting a new Code line item again in the module. I reimported again by not ignoring code in the mapping (not sure if this step was required again though).

Thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@JaredDolich @Akhtar.shahbaz  can you guys help on this one too pls? Thank you Sirs 😊

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am also having an issue with Employee Details upload, see my upload screens below.  The upload includes errors.  Please help I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

DianaP_0-1587685014973.png

DianaP_1-1587685065407.png

DianaP_2-1587685099470.png

DianaP_4-1587685194521.png

Highlighted

@DianaP 

Appears it may be a mapping issue on the Start Date line item, likely you need to update the Custom Mapping on that field so that the format in the import is set to match the file. See screenshot below to illustrate.Custom Start Date Mapping.PNG